- Signing is completely portable and requires no special equipment.
- Signing can be performed at a speed similar to talking.
- Signing initiates motor movements, which may prompt talking.
- Signing may reduce problem behavior more effectively because the response form is more efficient than when using picture selection or exchange.
- Signing is easier and quicker to learn than picture selection or exchange by some children. Parents or teachers can help a child learn signs by helping mold the child’s hand into the correct sign for a given word.
- Signing may enhance receptive language.
Etel Leit, M.S.
Founder & Owner http://www.signshine.com/