Andrea Lisa Etel Mara Manette Shawna Lora SignShine
Celebrity Corner

CLASSES AND PROGRAMS

Find a class
Share programs

PRODUCTS

DVDs
CDs
Books
Flash cards
Board books
Toys
Others
Share products

FUN

Pictures
Videos
Share your pic
and video

Become an Instructor

Signing With Babies And Children: an Experience that will Leave you Speechless

Subscribe now!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

an Experience that will Leave you Speechless

Baby Sign Language is not only about a few signs that you can learn and then teach your child. That is what I learned on my recent trip
overseas
, to my homeland, Israel. During my visit, I visited a fascinating children museum exhibit! The walls were monochromatic. The rooms were bare and sparsely furnished. Our museum guide was completely silent.
Sign Language and a museum?! What do they have to do with each other?!
Sign Language is easy to learn. Well, would you believe it was one of the most integrative and amazing museum visits I and my kids have ever experienced? The exhibit is called 'Dialogue in Silence.' Can you guess what was the theme? As you guessed, the tour explores the world of a deaf or hearing-impaired person. This tour's goal is to give the visitor the real experience of how it feels to be deaf or hearing impaired. It is a true hands-on
exhibit. So, how can you really empathize with a deaf person? The answer is --- experience what he or she feels… The SILENCE.

Let the Sign Shine,

etel
Etel Leit, M.S.

3 comments:

My Baby Details said...

I absolutely was intrigued by this poster and subsequently moved by the experience you shared, Etel. What a great museum to attend as you were in Israel!

Thank you for always sharing what you have been able to experience and learn through signing!

etel @ SignShine® said...

Thank you Shawna. I wish we had the exhibit here in America.
Let the Sign Shine,
etel

Etel Leit, M.S.
Founder & Owner www.SignShine.com
Publisher www.BabySignShine.com

Unknown said...

Incredible! Intrigued by this progressive children’s museum exhibit, I clicked on the ‘Dialogue in Silence’ to see where it would lead me, and I was pleasantly surprised! There was a wonderful video that made me smile. I felt a connection to the moment that the people were all sharing.

The video consists of a few scenes of an interactive exhibit called “Scenes of Silence: An exhibition on non-verbal communication” at the Provianthaus Rendsburg, Germany. It was remarkable to see people together, communicating only with their bodies. The energy exchange is at such a different level when there are no words, just movement.

Thank you for sharing this experience! I hope to see more non-verbal exhibits, performances, and shows. The concept is exceptional. The best part is that it is not limited, the world can benefit from non-verbal connection!