Andrea Lisa Etel Mara Manette Shawna Lora SignShine
Celebrity Corner

CLASSES AND PROGRAMS

Find a class
Share programs

PRODUCTS

DVDs
CDs
Books
Flash cards
Board books
Toys
Others
Share products

FUN

Pictures
Videos
Share your pic
and video

Become an Instructor

Signing With Babies And Children: Don't Mess With The Bedtime Routine! (hehe)

Subscribe now!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Don't Mess With The Bedtime Routine! (hehe)

I wanted to share this great ‘aha’ signing moment that a My Smart Hands graduate shared with our London instructor. I love hearing stories like this!

“The other night we were putting our daughter to bed (skipping the bath because me and my husband were too tired). She was fussing and crying, which she never does at bedtime. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with her until she started signing "Bath" (or her version of bath - but close enough that we knew that was what she wanted - her hands were flat rubbing up and down on her chest). If she hadn't been able to tell us she wanted a bath she probably would have cried all night and we wouldn't have known what was wrong. We didn't offer her a bath...and she had never used the sign before. But I guess she had never had to use it before because we give her a bath every night and sign bath to her every night before her bath. It was the best signing moment we've had yet!!! In the morning when we wake up I ask if she wants Milk, Water or Juice...and she lets me know by signing what she wants. It's hard to get her to sign on demand ... she only signs when she wants something - which is fine with me… but disappointing when others want to see her sign.”

It’s always great to hear stories like this because other parents can really see how useful signing can be! I’ll share more stories like this with you as they come in!

Laura Berg, Founder, My Smart Hands http://www.mysmarthands.com

No comments: