Andrea Lisa Etel Mara Manette Shawna Lora SignShine
Celebrity Corner

CLASSES AND PROGRAMS

Find a class
Share programs

PRODUCTS

DVDs
CDs
Books
Flash cards
Board books
Toys
Others
Share products

FUN

Pictures
Videos
Share your pic
and video

Become an Instructor

Signing With Babies And Children: 5 Minutes Peace

Subscribe now!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

5 Minutes Peace

Sometimes I am grateful for still having sign language in my family.

Even though my children are not fluent in ASL, they started signing at 6 1/2 months and are still able to use basic sentences and have a fairly large vocabulary. So I have decided to implement a new form of discipline in my home… with two boys, almost 11 and 9 yrs old, there’s a lot of excitement and activity.

When I need 5 minutes peace, I just begin signing to my kids instead of raising my voice. Most of the time, it quiets them down like when a teacher begins to whisper. And it encourages them to sign to each other as well.

check out www.mybabyfingers.com for stories, resources, books & DVDs, webinars and more.

1 comment:

etel @ SignShine® said...

5 minutes of peace! Lora, I love it! It is indeed making some innter peace for kids.... and for us :)
etel
www.SignShine.com
www.BabySignShine.com